InDemand Interpreting is changing how millions of patients communicate with their healthcare providers through our Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services. InDemand was founded with the vision to ensure every patient receives the highest quality healthcare, regardless of language, cultural background or disability.
We are seeking professional Farsi medical interpreters to serve our growing client base of over 800 healthcare providers across the United States. Your work will help limited English proficient (LEP), Deaf and hard of hearing (HOH) patients communicate more effectively with clinicians and improve patient experience. At InDemand, our team is dedicated, motivated, and inspired to make a positive impact.
We are currently hiring Medical Interpreters for multiple spoken languages: Amharic/Tigrinya, Arabic, Armenian, Burmese, Cambodian(Khmer), Cantonese/Mandarin, Farsi, French, Haitian Creole, Hindi / Urdu/Punjabi, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Nepali, Oromo, Polish, Portuguese, Russian/Ukrainian, Spanish, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- Provide video remote interpreting (VRI) services from one of our 3 office locations: Tukwila, WA; Wenatchee, WA; Lombard, IL, in an environment with a diverse community of other medical interpreters
- Communicate cultural nuances while preserving the clarity, tone and style from one language into another (English< >Farsi)
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and communication skills while preserving a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Remain composed in emergency or high stress interpreting situations
- Maintain professional certifications
- Abide by organization and company standards as well as the National Code of Ethics for Interpreting in Healthcare
Ideal Candidates Have
- Excellent command of the English and Farsi and exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Minimum 2 years-experience as a professional Farsi interpreter, medical/healthcare interpreting preferred
- Certification or screening assessment by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) as a Medical Interpreter; Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters or the National Board of Certification for Farsi Medical Interpreters preferred
- Successful completion of the InDemand Interpreting Farsi Medical Interpreting screening exam
- Passion and interest in continuous learning and development. We provide ongoing training through our InDemand Academy™ If a candidate passes our rigorous Medical Interpreting Exam, but they are not already certified upon hire, we will put them on a pathway to becoming a nationally certified medical interpreter within just a few months of employment with us
- Understanding of the “Roles of Interpreting” as defined by NCIHC, IMIA and what is commonly practiced by professional health care interpreters across the industry
- Familiar with technology and use of computers
|Job Category||Medical, Translation and Interpretation|